Department of Legal Consulting
This department is made up of experienced, energetic lawyers and lawyers with a flexible, prompt and efficient approach, who can support the needs of CCECRR members by consulting on specific issues.
In order to ensure the needs of consultancy and specific legal services, necessary for the fulfillment of the proposed objectives, CCECRR collaborates with the Civil Law Society LEAUA & ASOCIAȚIi and the Moscow Lawyers Association.
The activity of our partners includes arbitration, consulting, litigation and taxation in a wide range of specific areas.
International commercial arbitration
A particular area of expertise of CCECRR partners is international commercial arbitration, through representation in ad hoc arbitrations and before numerous international arbitral tribunals such as:
- International Center for the Settlement of Investment Disputes at the World Bank (ICSID) Washington;
- International Court of Arbitration attached to the International Chamber of Commerce - ICC Paris;
- London International Commercial Arbitration Court (LCIA);
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Arbitration and Mediation Center Geneva;
- International Arbitration Center of the Austrian Federal Chamber of Commerce - Vienna (VIAC);
- The International Court of Arbitration attached to the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- The International Court of Arbitration attached to the Hungarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- Milan International Court of Arbitration;
- The International Commercial Arbitration Court attached to the Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Also, several lawyers from Leaua & Asociații are arbitrators on the lists of various national or international arbitration institutions.
The areas of expertise of our consulting partners include:
- International trade law and private international law;
- Romanian commercial law; Company law; mergers & acquisitions;
- Competition law;
- External financing; Banking law; financing through non-banking institutions;
- Insurance law;
- Domestic and international transport law;
- Real rights and real estate transactions;
- Construction law; FIDIC contract;
- Administrative and contravention law; Public procurement;
- The right to exploit natural resources; Environmental law;
- Intellectual Property Law, Internet Law;
- European Union law.
Our partners have a rich experience in resolving disputes in complex procedures, such as:
- Administrative and fiscal procedures: representation in various such procedures before the competent Romanian authorities and the institutions of the European Union;
- Domestic and international commercial arbitration proceedings: representation in ad hoc arbitration proceedings and before various international arbitration courts; drafting legal opinions and submitting testimonies as expert witnesses in Romanian law before international arbitral tribunals; dispute resolution as arbitrators;
- Dispute resolution procedures through alternative methods - mediation, conciliation, neutral evaluation: representation in such procedures and services of neutral persons;
- State judicial procedures: representation in litigations before the Romanian courts of all degrees, including before the specialized courts and the Constitutional Court;
- International judicial proceedings - before the European Court of Human Rights.
Our partners provide legal consulting, tax and legal assistance services, including customer assistance and / or representation:
- during the fiscal inspections;
- during the settlement of appeals against tax administrative acts;
- to the courts in lawsuits that have as object fiscal contentious;
- within specific projects such as tax optimization, divisions and mergers, various transactions, commercial contracts aimed at optimizing the tax treatment of various local or cross-border operations;
- organizing trainings for clients on the interpretation and application of tax regulations;
- enforcement of mandatory tax administrative acts, including challenge to their enforcement.
Our partners' customers
Our partners have provided legal assistance and have represented, on a one-off or regular basis, numerous clients such as:
- banks, non-bank credit companies, leasing companies, financial investment companies;
- production companies, wholesale retail companies, import-export companies, construction companies, real estate and hotels;
- companies of various services: intermediation, road, rail, air or sea transport, port services, technical consulting services, mass media, medical services;
- Government of Romania, Ministerera or other Romanian public institutions (Ministry of Public Finance, Ministry of Environment) or foreign public institutions or companies owned by them (Economic Department of the Government of Great Britain, companies of the Ministry of Transport of Belgium);
- Non-governmental organizations - chambers of commerce and industry, associations and foundations in various fields;